Monday, October 8, 2007

Ashland

I just returned from a great weekend in Ashland Oregon for our church's women's retreat. It was an awesome time for renewing my heart and mind(kind of a cheesy saying, but so true) Southern Oregon was in its full autumn display. There were colors in our surroundings that I've never seen. I didn't have my camera, so I have no pictures to share, but take my word for it....Amazing! Our speaker was right on in speaking challenging things from God's word. What did I take home? We are only here for the glory of God! He gives us all blessings! Nothing we do here is of our own ability. Pray, and pray some more, for prayer is another gift that He has given us. So much more is circulating through my head this morning, but I won't dump it all out!

It was a blessing to have some uninterrupted time with my friend Jenny. Our other roomates were slowly eliminated from the weekend due to illness, which was a big bummer. However, we never get time alone and I really enjoyed it. It was nice to take the mommy hat off for a few days and just be a girl. It was also nice to try on a ton of jeans till we found ones that fit instead of grabbing them off the rack and hoping they don't have to be returned.

Zach was great to stay home with Sawyer and show him a pretty cool time! They had baseball practice, a day at turtle bay, pizza and a playdate, and the big finale was a Monster Trucks Rally. Zach is tired this morning...I feel pretty rested!

No comments: