Our countdown is the same countdown to christmas day, so is everyone ready?
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Friday, October 24, 2008
1. I have learned in the past year and a half not to fear my kitchen! I have never loved to cook or do much in the kitchen, but I am actually learning to like it and some weeks, I enjoy it. I finally have some recipes that are favorites and one of them is in the oven right now.....banana chocolate chip bread! I love finding the foods that Sawyer loves and enjoys making with me!
2. I really enjoy coffee! I am taking a break from caffeine during pregnancy as it makes me feel weird, but it is something Zach and I look forward to everyday. I like to make mochas at home and save $4 a day! It also brings great joy to Zach as that is his breakfast! my favorite is white peppermint mochas with little candy cane pieces!
3. I absolutely love fall! it is my favorite season! Growing up in AZ, I didn't get to experience the change of seasons except hot to kind of colder. I love taking walks and seeing changing colors, smelling wood stoves that are starting to be used, pumpkin patches and the chill in the air!
4. I am a new snowboarder. Last year was my first season and in spite of all the bruising, I really loved the challenge of a new sport! I skiied since I was 6 years old and when I am asked to compare the two, I have trouble. I really like to be good and not fall and tackle any part of the mountain, but not wearing ski boots could possibly top that list! I'm hoping I'll get a few runs in this winter after the baby is born...I might be dreaming. Oh yeah..my snowboard is the girliest thing you have ever seen, thank you hubby for that!
5. I'm thinking if I left my hair alone, it would all be gray. I struggle with the vanity and cost of having it colored, but I really enjoy it right now and it is a special treat. (I need to clearly state that I don't think gray hair looks bad as most of my family is blessed with it, but I'm just not ready to go there yet!)
6. I have been a scrapbooker since 1996 and have a huge collection of scrapbooks. i love the creative outlet. With that being said, I have really enjoyed blogging! I like that my pictures can be caught up to the minute and my thoughts can be shared while they are fresh in my head. I like that family from a distance can see what we are up to, where my scrapbooks just sit on the shelf rarely looked at. I am trying to figure out how to publish my blog and have it bound somehow. Let me know if anyone knows how to do it!
I'm going to tag Jenny, Tricia w, mary, sherry and breanna are you up for the challenge?
Monday, October 20, 2008
On Saturday, we went to the Coleman Fish Hatchery, Return of the Salmon Festival! This is one of Zach's favorite local events, I think it is pretty cool also. Every year the salmon come back to the place where they were born(I think they are gone for 3 years before they come back) Pretty much, they spawn and die. Sawyer was very intrigued by the whole process...can he be any more like his dad?
After our festival we went to Sonic for lunch and headed to Sawyer's soccer game. I dreaded the 2:30 game as he still needs a nap, but he manged to keep it together. Once again our little team got slaughtered, but fortunately they don't seem to mind too much as long as they get their special team treats at the end.
We finally got home for a little rest and then went to the 4th of July fireworks show. Yes, 4th of July was cancelled here due to so many fires in our area. It was awesome! It wasn't hot or too crowded. It seems ironic to have hot chocolate at a fireworks show. Redding never lets us down! The fireworks here always impress!
So, a very long day, but definitely fun!