Friday, July 11, 2008

Over The River And Through The Woods......



Today is the day we start driving to Colorado, 2200 miles round trip. I haven't been in a car for longer than 7 hours since our move here in 2002 (one way). The question has been, "Are you excited for your vacation?" My answer has been...once we get there, I will be. I'm feeling very guilty over that response as it is such a blessing to be able to spend time with my family for a whole week. Vacation isn't something we have to do or need to do, but a want. I am so thankful that God allows us our wants so often. As our car is loaded and our house is looking a little emptier and Toby is packed for "doggy camp", my attitude is shifting. I am excited! I'm excited to see country that I haven't seen for sooooo long! I'm excited to spend time with my husband for 10 days! I'm excited to see my sisters and catch up with my parents. Family is so important and if we don't make the time for each other, we will drift. I'm excited that I got taken for an idiot at the tire store and have 4 new tires to make our trip. I'm excited for Sawyer to see the Rocky Mountains and enjoy some new activities with his cousins. I'm excited for my nephews and niece to fish with their uncle zach. I'm excited to leave 100+ degrees and not breathe smoke. I'm excited that Zach finally gets to take a real road trip after so many years of me saying no thanks. Sawyer has no clue the amount of time he will spend in his 5 point harness, but I really don't think he will care too much. He loves to go,go,go and can't wait to get on with our trip.


This will probably be my last post for awhile, but I hope to have amazing things to report later!

No comments: