Tuesday, January 20, 2009

This and That











This is the first morning in awhile that I can sit down and catch up on my blog. This entry will probably be boring to most, as it reflects on our time with a newborn. However, that is about all that is going on. We had a great night thanks to Zach being willing to do the midnight feeding! After that, Fisher slept till 4:30...this is a big deal, since he has been "snacking" at 2:30 am. We discovered the little guy does REALLY GOOD in his carseat, so that is where he slumbered. It sounds horrible, but sleep deprived parents will try anything! He is taking his morning nap in his crib right now, so he isn't totally opposed to it. I was ready to purchase this crazy newborn soothing station yesterday, but I came to my senses. Fisher has tummy issues and spends quite a bit of time fussing, but once he passes whatever, he is a sweet happy baby that is already smiling and interacting with us. I have made efforts to change my diet in hopes it would make a difference. No dairy, certain veggies and just about any other thing I can think of. I have dabbled in no caffeine, but just a little bit really helps me, so I have something at least once during the day! Not every baby is created equal!!! I knew from my time with him in the womb that he would give us a run for our money! I'm not surprised he busted out early and forceful! (Did I ever mention he came too fast for pain medication at delivery....little stinker)
Big brother Sawyer is doing well, but has an icky cough. He isn't allowed to interact too much with baby as we are making our best effort to keep him well. We enjoyed a 3 day weekend with Zach home and went to Mt. Shasta with friends for sledding and ice skating. I don't have too many pictures from the day, but it was fun to get out of the house. By the way, if anyone knows about the crazy stroller I purchased, it even worked on a snowy hill and Fisher is so content in it...Go Megan!!(I have to keep convincing myself it was a good investment) Fortunately, he is happy to be on the go, just like Sawyer. Sawyer loves road trips! He loves to pack, and usually gets in the car about 15 minutes before we actually leave. Our car ends up looking like we are going for a week! He is a little Zach for sure! He has a great sense of direction, tells us when we "roll" through stop signs, reports speed limits and asks why we turn right when the light is red. Zach keeps telling me there is a reason that guys are usually better drivers, they start young! I wonder if I paid attention better if I might have a better sense of direction? Probably not!
Sawyer is learning to share us, but he really doesn't like "being alone" Even if we are all at the table, he wants us right next to him! He isn't thrilled when he has to go to bed, but Fisher is still up with both of us. Someday, Fisher will be in bed way before Sawyer and Fisher will be complaining to stay up late. I'll be the only one complaining that I want to go to bed early.
I'm finding my most productive time is night time. Not like me at all, but it works. I hope this entry doesn't come across like I'm whiny or complaining. We are loving "most" minutes and feel very blessed by these two guys.
Oh yeah, I just wanted to mention that our sister Kiah got accepted to NAU and is hoping to major in Dental Hygiene. We are so proud of her and excited for her to go to our school! If you are reading this Kiah, we love you and can't wait for you to go!

2 comments:

My name is Breanna... said...

I love reading about and seeing your life! Not at all boring! Oh, and I blog stalk you:) in other words, I'm a blog follower! Have a good night,,,,hopefully with good sleep! Bre

Nature Girl said...

try eating some fennel seeds. i have heard it soothes the baby's tummy a bit.