Sunday, May 17, 2009

Cock-A-Doodle Doo












When I returned from Arizona, I was pretty surprised to find that the number of feathered creatures had multiplied. Before I left, Sawyer and Grady bought 3 baby chicks. I agreed to 3 baby chicks! The count is now up to 6 chickens, 1 turkey and 3 goslings. They tell me that they rescued the goslings and will return them to the pond when there feathers grow in. The turkey is um...how shall I say, thanksgiving dinner(make your reservations now to dine with us!) The last 3 chicks were brought home because of their ability to lay green eggs and that is really cool(so I've been told)!
Those that know me even a little bit, also know that I have a little bird phobia. I'm not really a fan! However, I'm willing to keep them around as long as we get some good eggs! If anyone has chicken tips,(I'll clarify and say chicken advice) send them our way!



No comments: