Friday, March 5, 2010

inside my head today


Today I pondered again why Redding has compact parking spaces! I totally understand handicap parking! I understand reserved parking for emergency services, but compact parking, I do not get. For those of you that read my blog from other places, you should know that it is well known fact that most 2 car families have a pick up truck or large SUV as one of their cars. (I'm actually not sure if that is truly a fact, but I can almost bet on Palo Cedro for this to be true) Does not the city of redding (he he, that is where Z works and drives a pick-up) know that people with bigger cars deserve good parking too? Do they not know we are just as lazy as those with compact cars and quite a bit more burdened by higher fuel costs! Knowing full well that I do not fit in a cute compact parking space, why do I continue to try? Why is it that I don't remember until I have completely parked, gathered my diaper bag, picked up the snacks and sippy cup that will enter the store with us, put a rain coat on,and go to get my child out of his 5 point harness in a rainstorm, with people on either side of me trying to get in their cars. How many times do I have to maneuver the baby out the window before I will learn that I am not compact.


Why is it the moment I complain out loud how annoyed I am by all the coughing in my house, that I get a wretched tickle in my throat? However, I am excited to try our new home cough remedy.


I am still giggling inside my head by my 5 year old's comment last week. I debated whether to post, but for my own record, here it is. Every night we have bath time and one of us takes a turn in the tsunami room. Well, I had to go the bathroom, so I went. As I reached for the tp, I looked up to notice that certain smirk. The smirk that only ends up in one way...an awkward question. I quickly zipped up and before I knew it, out flies, "Mom, you don't have one of these!" (we do use anatomical names, but probably not often enough for him to remember) Taking a deep breath, I reply, "No, I don't, God made girls different then boys." A long pause occured, which means the wheels are still turning and we are probably not finished with this topic. Then he replys, "that means we can do more, right?" He did not get a response from me either way. On one hand do I boost the male ego at a young age, or disappoint him with the truth. I guess that line of thinking happens quite young for boys.

dinner tonight-spaghetti= one big mess and another crazy bath time. Note to self: go to the bathroom before bath time!

No comments: